Summary Azure data engineer is responsible development and support of enterprise solutions for data warehousing, enterprise analytics, and integrations across our enterprise transaction systems (Workday, Salesforce, and SharePoint), and support the ongoing buildout of our data management and analytics environment on Microsoft s Azure platform.
- Implement Azure Cloud data warehouses, Azure and No-SQL databases and hybrid data scenarios
- Manage Azure data pipelines
- Develop batch processing, streaming and integration solutions
- Automate Azure Data Factory pipelines
- Manage source data access security
- Configure authentication and authorization
- Manage and enforce data policies and standards
- Monitor databases and data processing for a specified scenario
- Implement big data real-time processing and integration solutions
Technical skills required:
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in a Database Developer or Data Engineer role.
- In-depth understanding of data management (e. g. permissions, security, and monitoring).
- Extensive experience with Transact-SQL.
- Experience with scripting languages such as R and Python.
- Knowledge of software development best practices.
- Excellent analytical and organization skills.
- Effective working in a team as well as working independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Expertise in database development projects and ETL processes.
- Experience in an agile SDLC environment.
- Experience planning and implementing QA and testing, and data warehousing.
- Experienced in building and operationalizing large scale enterprise data solutions and applications using one or more of Azure data and analytics services in combination with custom solutions – Spark, Azure Data Lake, HDInsights, SQL DW, DocumentDB, Data Factory, and SQL Database products or equivalent products from other cloud services providers
- Behavioural skills required Strong communication and inter-personal skills
- Typical level of experience 5+ years
- Education Bachelor / Master in Engineering, Computer Science , MCA